Friday, April 11, 2008

Thought #10


With a freewill offering I will sacrifice
to you;
I will give thanks to your name,
O Lord, for it is good.
For he has delivered me from every
trouble
- Psalm 54: 6&7

As you start out your morning, just smile.  Why would there be reason not to?  I imagine you could tell me a plethora or reasons and maybe I'd have no response.  Maybe I couldn't give you advice.  But what I could give you is so much better.

Hope.

Hope is something that cannot be stolen away from you.  If it goes missing, it is only that - missing.  But look again.  Turn over every stone, wreck your room until you find it again.  And once you found it, dwell on it:

"For the Lord has delivered me from every
trouble"

Everything.  He has delivered you from that broken engagement.  He has delivered you from a mom walking out the door and never coming back again.  He has delivered you from all the friends that stabbed you in the back.  From hurt and pain, night's left wondering "Why me Lord?", dreams that came on from tears and wet pillows.  From that knot in your stomach when you think about it all.  And you know, He has delivered you from collapsing to not caring then letting the whole world pass you by.

I might not be able to convince you this hope actually exists or that your diminishing world will bloom again.  But when the life you know fails, remember your Lord, the Everlasting God, the steadfast love of God has delivered you from every trouble.  

No comments: