Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thought #19

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Matthew 22: 37

The day goes on by itself.  Cars speed through intersections.  It is one of those days where if you stare out windows you can catch the sun.  Like the light is some tangible object within the vicinity of your reach.

"With all your heart."  And like the light you caught, how much more impossible is this?  Not even speaking of impossibility, but merely the unlikelihood of such an action.  I mean, how can we actually control our heart?  Leave aside the whole life sustaining organ, and check this: "all."  (Okay, so confusion has just taken over.)

So I don't know for sure of how to do this, but here is what I do know:

1)  I know that I wake up every morning to enter a world that should overwhelm me to the point of psychiatric hospitalization; it doesn't.
2)  Then I walk into the essence of catharsis feeling everything from stress to joy, from ecstasy with the highway wind invading my Neon to visions of the end of the world because I am so busy but feel stagnant not accomplishing anything; 24/7, in the whole of life I am rescued, re-focused and fearing God via wonder and awe.
3)  I know I am called to love, but I don't understand how.  Though, as the day goes on I am showed.
4)  I know love, but can't explain it to you -

Because it all seems like I am trying to catch the light in the palm of my hands.  But the only luck I have is at night when the fire flies come out and I am put to the chase trying to capture one before it burns out.  This is how it is with loving God.  It's simply a chase trying to catch what most people say you will be unsuccessful at.  And then when day comes, you will realize you already have it since morning light peers through your window shades.

This loving God with our whole heart is a constant journey.  The thing about it is that we search for this love to show God, but we already have it.  And it's because He gave it to us already.

So, if you stare out the window and catch the light, know that this is love.  And know that it is yours to give right back - cycle.

Simple.  Beautiful.  Real. 

No comments: