Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thought #26

Before the mountains were brought forth,
or ever you had formed the earth and
the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you
are God.
- Psalm 90: 2

From everlasting to everlasting you are God.

From everlasting to everlasting  you   are    God.

From time to time, from beginning to end, from before this sunset sets on my notepad, before even the thought of sunsets or suns and moons and stars, the earth the skies the world the winds, and anything that has breath, you  are   God.

And then past the ending of time as we know it, past the blazing sun switched off like street lights at dawn to, what we may think of as, nothing, you  are   God.

You are God.  This doesn't make sense, but you are God.  When I wake at 7:00, you are God.  When I go to class at 10:00, you are God.  When I drive, when I walk, then when I stop, stand still, came to the end of the world and stared out on the bay wondering what more could possibly be in store for this life as I know it, you are God.  But I still don't get it.

Nothing.  Blank stares.  Zoning out.  Taken back.  Swept off my feet.  Smiling.

Take time to be awestruck by your God.

(When I end this,    you      are        still          God.) 

No comments: