Friday, April 4, 2008

Thought #3

As for me, I shall behold you face in
righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with
your likeness.
- Psalm 17:15

I woke up this morning to the sound of tap dancing on the roof.  Clouds buried the blue skies and all the heavens opened - rain.

I searched for God and did not find Him in the way I expected to.  There were no revelations.  No epiphanies.  And no over dramatic Hollywood-esk sign exclaiming, "GOD IS HERE" with a giant neon lit pointer-hand showing exactly where He could be found.

It was simply a rainy day.

And at the same time I was okay with that.  I was okay with a simple day.  I was okay; I was satisfied.  You see, life isn't always about the big.  Everything doesn't have to be a Hollywood scene.  Your God is truly a big God, don't get me wrong, but at the same time He is One about intimacy.

He'll always show up in your life, it just might not be the way you expected.  So behold God in all of His righteousness.  Stare at the rain drops and follow a string from the heavens to the earth.  Walk outside and be drenched; come close to your God, feel who He is, and be satisfied.

And be satisfied with the simple.



(I found God in the rain.)

No comments: