Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thought #2

Make yourself an ark of gopher wood.  Make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and out with pitch.  This is how you are to make it: the length of the ark 300 cubits, its breadth 50 cubits, and its height 30 cubits.  Make a roof for the ark and finish it to a cubit above, and set the door of the ark on its side.  Make it with lower, second and third decks.
- Genesis 6: 14-16

You know, I've grown up always wanting answers; I've always wanted that billboard sign from the LORD - you know those massive ones you just cannot miss no matter how fast you're speeding on the highway.  And I've always wanted what Noah had: a detailed plan.

I never got one.

But now I realize that's not the point.  I shouldn't be seeking a plan for life; I should be seeking God.  Noah was 500 years old when God spoke to him of His plans for mankind, for earth (the formless did not take shape the way He intended).

God spoke to Noah after 500 years and I'm only 22.  I guess I have all the time in the world.

But what is encouraging is that God chose to work through man.  It was no longer the Creator working alone.  He chose man.  He chose His creation.  God no longer simply walked with man, but He invited man to help further His creation.

And He did give Noah a billboard sign, but that was after 500 years of Noah most likely seeking the LORD because God actually found favor in him (v.8).

I guess we all have to wait a little longer and focus on seeking the LORD.

So continue to seek God in your own way and know that the answers are coming even if it takes five centuries; it's all good.

No comments: