Monday, April 7, 2008

Thought #6

Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, who was living by the oaks of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eschol and of Aner."
- Genesis 14: 13

I am not alone.  Nor am I hidden on this earth.  I am watched (and) I am judged (and) perceptions of me are created (and) comments are made; I am only one person in this world, but I am also known to strangers.

Ask me how and I wouldn't know why this seemingly invisible connection occurs.  I mean, how would a stranger know me by name?  Or how would he know my heritage?  And, not to be creepy or anything, but how would he know where I lived?

Okay, some inferences: maybe my mind is extremely forgetful and I met this random person yesterday, sat down for hours at Starbucks specifically chatting about my name, heritage and address, or, the more likely option is, he saw my life as standing out from others.  Maybe I made an impression by the way I carried myself or how I spoke or what I stood for.  And maybe, just possibly, he noticed Christ in me.

I don't know how I got found out, irregardless, I did.

This person, this stranger, this nobody I've ever met or seen before somehow  knew to come to me interceding for someone else.  Here, a king of Sodom and Gomorrah had the wits enough and the impenetrable perseverance to not only escape the enemy, but before fleeing any further to safety he thought of someone other than himself.

Now I must ask, from Abram's position, how are people perceiving you?  What kind of image are you putting forth?  And is this merely an image, just another facade, or is it truly you?

And in light of the king, are you thinking of others even if you may be in a dilemma? 

If nothing more, know life, live life and testify of who your God is.  It makes a difference even if you don't realize it. 

No comments: