Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thought #34

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the pupose of the Lord that
will stand.
- Proverbs 19: 21

Rainy morning. Cobweb cherry trees. Time traipsing. Tallies for waterdrops giving drink to a world below. Partially passing like puzzlepiece-moments collecting for life and donating all tithes to tomorrow.

I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I'm cool with that ignorance. I plan so many things. I used to want to be a baseball player; I think I still want that. And there was definitely that wanting to be a policeman infatuation, but more like an old country western sheriff with my trusty six shooter at my side keeping a future ghost town safe. And now I want to be a writer, an artist, a 21st Century Frost or Kerouac writing contemporary Moby Dick's, Dover Beach's and searching for God like Pilgrim. I want to be an ex-pat living in London, a lover, a father, a hero and a Stranger Knight. But these wants, these plans are tiny in comparison to God's way.

These are only my thoughts and they barely register as even a section of my thoughts. That's all. They're not grand plans even though they may seem like it. I mean, how do I get to London on $78? And how will my writing actually evolve into something remotely as historical as Shakespeare?

But then I drive down 3A to White Horse on the first true summer evening of the season and am reminded of the life I'm given. The Lord is my way. And His puposes are exterior to Himself. They overflow onto us like we're captured in the vastness of a sunset.

I may not understand what tomorrow actually is, but I'm cool with that because, no matter what, God's purpose will stand.

Relax. Enjoy. Live.

No comments: